As an SEO professional, I’ve always sought after the best SEO practices since the beginning of my journey. And, I’ll be honest; it still feels like a complex subject to me, primarily due to Google being bossy and changing their algorithm incessantly.
Hence, if you’re just starting out, I know where you’re coming from.
So, in this article, I’ve decided to offer some insights on the components of SEO and offer my own viewpoints on them.
Make sure to keep reading till the end!
Search Engine Optimization And The Holy Trinity
When it comes to improving your website’s SEO, you’ll need to focus on the holy trinity of –
- On-page SEO (or content-based SEO),
- Off-page SEO (or backlinking SEO), and
- Technical SEO.
Each of these components is dependent on each other and, thus, should be utilized properly to bang the SEO game. Please keep reading to know more about them.
Subject – 1: On-Page SEO
The content or blog section is the primary base of foundation for your website. Hence, if you don’t write anything on your site, it’ll not perform on Google or any other search engine.
However, writing something mindlessly will also not be helpful for you in this regard.
If you want to make your website more prominent in the eyes of Google, you’ll need to focus on two aspects. These are –
- Keyword: No matter what they’re doing, people will always search for something by using a relevant keyword. And, if you have used the same on your blog content, it’ll be easier for them to find it. While you’re at it, make sure to keep the keyword density to at least 1% and place one within the first 100 words or so.
Riordan SEO Ireland advises, that when you are writing content think of the user first and how you can help them. Dont think of keywords first. Your keywords could also be questions or incorporated into examples. Once you have quality content that is relevant and answers what the user is looking for, then you can look at how the keywords can be applied fro SEO in a natural way.
- Blog Relevancy: Aside from using keywords, you’ll also need to keep your blog as relevant to your target market as possible. For example, you simply cannot work on an automobile on a fashion-based website. And, if you do, Google might tag your site as spam and lower your overall ranking even more.
You can use a premium tool to find out about the relevant keywords or use their free version from u1337x to perform other fundamental tasks.
Subject – 2: Off-Page SEO
Most people think that building an off-page SEO is all about backlinking.
However, they’re wrong.
There was a time when creating a backlinking empire would’ve helped you rank higher on the SERPs. Nonetheless, now, it doesn’t work the same way anymore.
In today’s world of advanced digital marketing, you’ll also need to opt for encouraging brand-related searches to build your off-page SEO. Some other tips that may help you out are –
- Share your content or whatever you want regarding your company on social media.
- Start commenting and chatting to convert an interested person into a customer.
- Build trust through ethical branding and some more.
- Incorporate images and videos on your website.
- Craft your brand image carefully and make it more relatable to everyone.
Finally, being present online and following your consumers can also help you collect even more recognition at once.
Subject – 3: Technical SEO
The technical SEO of a website is all about improving the overall functionality of a site and ensuring that it’s working perfectly.
For example, almost 52% of people tend to leave a website if it takes more than three seconds to load. Hence, if you want, you can counter this problem by –
- Using a lightweight design.
- Including well-optimized images, and
- Writing in an SEO-friendly format.
Aside from this, you will also need to focus on some other aspects to improve your website’s technical SEO. This may include –
- Curate an XML sitemap.
- Use an SSL certification.
- Fix your duplicate content problems.
- Add a well-structured data markup to your website.
- Keep your website registered on Blog Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console.
The Bottom Line
If you’re thinking about improving your website, you should always begin your journey by doing an SEO audit. This way, you’ll know where you have to improve the most and then start working accordingly. Also, while you’re at it, you’ll need to make your website a little more technically sound than before. Hiring a professional in this aspect can do the trick!