Apple today released iOS 14.7, marking the seventh major update to the iOS operating system that came out in September 2020. iOS 14.7 comes two months after the launch of iOS 14.6, a major update that added Apple Card Family Support, Podcast Subscriptions, and more.
The iOS 14.7 update can be downloaded for free and the software is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the new software, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
According to Apple’s release notes, iOS 14.7 adds support for the recently introduced MagSafe Battery Pack, which is compatible with the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
The update also introduces an Apple Card Family feature for combining credit limits, plus it introduces new features for the HomePod and the Weather app. Apple’s full release notes are below.
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
– MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
iOS 14.7 may be the last update to the iOS 14 update as Apple transitions work to iOS 15, which was introduced at WWDC. iOS 15 is set to be released this fall.
Update: An earlier version of this article said that Apple had released both iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7. It does not appear that Apple has released an iPadOS 14.7 update for iPads, which is unusual as these updates have never previously been separated. Related Roundups: iOS 14, iPadOS 14Related Forum: iOS 14
This article, “Apple Releases iOS 14.7 With MagSafe Battery Support and Apple Card Family Credit Limit Combining” first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums