Perfect for all your boulder-punching occasions.
What you need to know
- A special version of Resident Evil Village comes with Chris Redfield’s jacket and is available only in Japan.
- It costs $1800 and also includes some 1/6 scale miniatures, as well as the regular Collector’s Edition items.
- Resident Evil Village is scheduled to arrive on May 7, 2021.
Resident Evil Village is available for preorder right now, with a long list of different editions you can grab. For the utmost absolute hardcore however, there’s a Japan-only Collector’s Edition that includes the items in the regular collector’s edition, as well as some 1/6 scale miniatures and most importantly, Chris Redfield’s jacket.
The only catch is that in addition to being limited to Japan, this special version of the game runs for a mind-boggling 192,500 Yen, or a little over $1800.
Resident Evil Village is a direct sequel to Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, again placing players in the shoes of Ethan Winters. After a terrible tragedy is inflicted by Chris Redfield, Ethan heads to a snowy European village and horrifying Castle Dimitrescu — home of the Tall Vampire Lady — to rescue his daughter.
Resident Evil Village is currently set to release on May 7, 2021. There’s a PS5-exclusive demo available right now, which our editor Carli Velocci found to be an excellent audio showcase.
Resident Evil Village
- $60 at Best Buy (PS5)
- $60 at Best Buy (PS4)
- $60 at PlayStation
For most fans
This’ll be the version to get for the majority of people. Just enjoy the story of Ethan Winters and Chris Redfield in a mysterious snowy European town without worrying about any extra stuff. Especially not a coat that costs over $1800.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What’s in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?