What you need to know
- Huawei has shipped more than 16 million units of its Mate 20 series phones.
- More than 17 million units of the company’s new P30 series phones have been shipped so far.
- Huawei’s smartphone shipments witnessed a growth of 26% between January and August 2019.
At its Mate 30 series launch event in Munich today, Huawei announced that it has shipped over 16 million units of the Mate 20 series. Its latest P30 series has been very well received as well. According to Huawei, it has shipped over 17 million units of the P30 and P30 Pro phones so far.
Despite the U.S. blacklist, Huawei announced that its smartphone shipments grew by 26% YoY between January and August this year. Its PC shipments rose by a whopping 249% , while wearables registered a growth of 278% YoY. The company saw impressive growth in the smart audio segment as well. According to the numbers shared by Huawei, its smart audio product shipments increased by 256% compared to the same period last year.
In July, the Chinese smartphone maker had announced that it had sold 118 million smartphones in the first half of the year, an increase of 24 percent year-on-year. As per data released by Canalys, the company’s market share in China surged by 31 percent in the second quarter of the year, allowing it to capture nearly 38% market share.
Get More P30 Pro
Huawei P30 Pro
$900 at eBay
£899 at Amazon UK
$1200 CAD at Huawei
- Huawei P30 Pro Review
- Best Huawei P30 Pro Cases
- Best Screen Protectors for Huawei P30 Pro
- Best Heavy Duty Cases for Huawei P30 Pro