Garmin Vivoactive 5 review: At a glance
- What is it? The Garmin Vivoactive 5 is the latest addition to the Vivoactive lineup, a series that hasn’t seen a new model in four years. The new fitness-focused smartwatch marks the line’s first AMOLED display and adds many of Garmin’s around-the-clock health and fitness tracking tools. It even includes some of the company’s brand-new features recently introduced on the Venu 3. Unlike its predecessor, the Vivoactive 5 is available in just one 42mm case size.
- What is the price? Priced $50 less than the previous model, the Garmin Vivoactive 5 is listed at $300.
- Where can you buy it? The Garmin Vivoactive 5 is available now from Garmin.com, as well as from third-party retailers such as Amazon.
- How did we test it? I tested the Garmin Vivoactive 5 for five days. The review unit was supplied by Garmin.
- Is it worth it? In a vacuum, the Vivoactive 5 is a solid device with an attractive display, ample health and fitness features, and a great price. It’s significantly better than its predecessor and well worth the upgrade for anyone committed to the Vivoactive line. In many ways, it feels a lot like a pared-down Venu 3, especially now that both lines feature AMOLED displays. The Vivoactive 5 provides a budget-friendly alternative to the Venu line and adds another reliable pick to Garmin’s watch stable.