Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 review: At a glance
- What is it? The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is 2023’s base model Galaxy Watch, with a 20% larger display that’s twice as bright as the Galaxy Watch 5. The smartwatch also features tweaked battery specs, minor performance improvements, and Google Wear OS 4 running under Samsung’s new One UI Watch 5 skin. It is available in two sizes: 40mm and 44mm.
- What is the price? The smaller, 40mm model Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 lands at $299, while a 44mm case starts at $329. Adding LTE to either device adds a $50 upcharge.
- Where can you buy it? The Galaxy Watch 6 series went on sale on August 11, 2023. The devices are available now from Samsung.com as well as from third-party retailers such as Amazon.
- How did we test it? I tested the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 for five days. The review unit was supplied by Samsung.
- Is it worth it? The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 continues the company’s trend of annual smartwatch releases with minor upgrades. From its looks to its sensors, it’s a remarkably similar watch to the Galaxy Watch 5. It also doesn’t necessarily solve some of our existing complaints, namely an unreliable touch bezel. If you already own a Galaxy Watch 5, it’s not worth upgrading. The Galaxy Watch 6 Classic stands out a little more because of the returning rotating crown, but the Galaxy Watch 6 still offers the very best Wear OS experience, and for $100 less.
Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy Watch 6?