Rumors suggest that these final two weeks of October will be busy for Apple, with new iPad Pro models, a trio of software releases, and more expected. Below, we’ve recapped the latest information regarding Apple’s upcoming announcements.
- iPad Pro: Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman expects updated 11-inch and 12.9-inch models of the iPad Pro to be announced “in a matter of days.” New features rumored for the device include the same M2 chip as in the MacBook Air and MagSafe wireless charging support. No major design changes are expected.
- iPad: The 10th-generation entry-level iPad is expected to have an all-new design with a larger 10.5-inch display, a USB-C port, and flat edges. Other rumored features include an A14 Bionic chip, 5G support for cellular models, and potentially a Touch ID power button. The device could be announced alongside the new iPad Pro this month, but launch timing is a little less certain for this device.
- MacBook Pro: Next-generation 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models are “on track to launch in the near future,” according to Gurman, but he does not expect them to be announced alongside the new iPad Pro. Gurman said Apple has often launched new Macs in November in recent years, such as the original 16-inch MacBook Pro in 2019 and the first Macs with the M1 chip in 2020.
- Mac mini: An updated Mac mini with an M2 chip is rumored to be in development, but a release date remains uncertain.
- Mac Pro: Gurman now expects the next Mac Pro with M2 Ultra and M2 Extreme chip options to launch in 2023.
- Apple TV: A new Apple TV could launch before the end of 2022, according to Gurman and analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. Rumored features include an A14 chip, an increased 4GB of RAM, and potentially a lower price. There were also code-level references to a new version of the Siri Remote in the iOS 16 beta.
- iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura: iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura are on track to be released during the week of Monday, October 24, according to Gurman. iPadOS 16 will be labeled as iPadOS 16.1 due to its delayed release.
- iOS 16.1: Apple will likely release iOS 16.1 on the same day as iPadOS 16.1 given that the updates share the same build number.
Given that Apple apparently does not plan to hold an October event this year, the new iPad Pro models and other releases will likely be announced with Apple Newsroom press releases. In addition, Apple’s software engineering chief Craig Federighi and marketing chief Greg Joswiak will likely discuss iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura when they speak with tech columnist Joanna Stern at the WSJ Tech Live event on Tuesday, October 25.Related Roundup: iPad ProBuyer’s Guide: 11″ iPad Pro (Don’t Buy), 12.9″ iPad Pro (Don’t Buy)Related Forum: iPad
This article, “New iPad Pro and Other Releases Just Days Away: Recapping the Latest Rumors” first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums