The next two weeks will be fairly busy for Apple, with multiple new product launches, software releases, and more expected over that time. Below, we have recapped five key dates coming up for Apple so that you can mark your calendar accordingly.
Key dates to remember:
- Monday, October 24: Apple confirmed that iOS 16.1, iPadOS 16.1, and macOS Ventura will be released on October 24, and it’s very likely that tvOS 16.1 and watchOS 9.1 will also be released on the same day. iOS 16.1 includes at least eight new features, while iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura feature Stage Manager and more. The updates should be available around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- Tuesday, October 25: Apple’s software engineering chief Craig Federighi and marketing chief Greg Joswiak are set to speak with tech columnist Joanna Stern at the WSJ Tech Live event on October 25 starting around 7:35 p.m. Pacific Time. It’s likely that Federighi and Joswiak will discuss Apple’s latest software releases and hopefully address the controversy surrounding Stage Manager.
- Wednesday, October 26: The new iPad Pro models with the M2 chip and the redesigned 10th-generation iPad will begin arriving to customers and become available for purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers on October 26.
- Thursday, October 27: Apple will announce its earnings results for the fourth quarter of its 2022 fiscal year on October 27 at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Apple CEO Tim Cook and Apple CFO Luca Maestri will discuss the results on a conference call starting at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the same day.
- Friday, November 4: The new Apple TV 4K with the A15 Bionic chip, HDR10+ support, and more will begin arriving to customers and become available for purchase at Apple Stores and select resellers on November 4.
In addition, the first reviews of the new iPads will likely be shared this week.
This article, “Mark Your Calendar: iOS 16.1 Release, New iPad Pro Launch, and More Coming Up” first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums