The 2022 Worldwide Developers Conference is set to kick off on Monday, and like the 2020 and 2021 events, it will be held digitally with all developers able to participate for free. WWDC is aimed at developers who create apps for Apple’s platforms, but Apple holds a keynote event that is of interest to the general public.
Apple’s keynote event is set to take place on Monday, June 6, and it will give us a first look at new software that’s coming this fall. Apple is expected to unveil iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16, plus we could see new Macs, including a refreshed MacBook Air.
You can watch the WWDC 2022 keynote event using one of the methods outlined below. The live stream is set to start at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time from Apple Park in Cupertino, California. We have a full list of when the event will begin in other time zones in the United States and around the world.
- Honolulu, Hawaii — 7:00 a.m. HAST
- Anchorage, Alaska — 9:00 a.m. AKDT
- Cupertino, California — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Phoenix, Arizona — 10:00 a.m. MST
- Vancouver, Canada — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Denver, Colorado — 11:00 a.m. MDT
- Dallas, Texas — 12:00 noon CDT
- New York, New York — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Toronto, Canada — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Halifax, Canada — 2:00 p.m. ADT
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — 2:00 p.m. BRT
- London, United Kingdom — 6:00 p.m. BST
- Berlin, Germany — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Paris, France — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Cape Town, South Africa — 7:00 p.m. SAST
- Moscow, Russia — 8:00 p.m. MSK
- Helsinki, Finland — 8:00 p.m. EEST
- Istanbul, Turkey — 8:00 p.m. TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates — 9:00 p.m. GST
- Delhi, India — 10:30 p.m. IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia — 12:00 a.m. WIB next day
- Shanghai, China — 1:00 a.m. CST next day
- Singapore — 1:00 a.m. SGT next day
- Perth, Australia — 1:00 a.m. AWST next day
- Hong Kong — 1:00 a.m. HKT next day
- Seoul, South Korea — 2:00 a.m. KST next day
- Tokyo, Japan — 2:00 a.m. JST next day
- Adelaide, Australia — 2:30 a.m. ACST next day
- Sydney, Australia — 3:00 a.m. AEST next day
- Auckland, New Zealand — 5:00 a.m. NZST next day
Watch the Keynote on YouTube
Watching the WWDC keynote on YouTube may be one of the quickest and easiest ways to catch the event because YouTube is generally available on most devices, including TV sets and consoles.
The YouTube live stream above will be accessible on June 6 when the event kicks off.
Watch the Keynote on Mac, iPhone or iPad
You can watch the WWDC keynote on any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using Apple’s native Safari browser or another browser like Chrome. iOS devices must be running iOS 10 or later, and Macs need to be running macOS Sierra 10.12 or later to access the stream.
Launch Safari from your chosen device and follow this link to the WWDC 2022 Keynote.
Watch the Keynote Using the Apple TV App
You can watch the WWDC keynote via Apple’s TV app on Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, with the link in the TV app becoming available on the day of the event or just before.
Open the TV app on your chosen device.
Scroll down the Watch Now category and select WWDC 2022. Alternatively, type “WWDC” into the Search field and select WWDC 2022 from the results.
The app may tell you to tune in at your local time to watch the event live prior to when the WWDC keynote begins.
Watch the Keynote on a Windows PC
If you don’t have an Apple device handy, you can still watch the WWDC 2022 keynote on a PC running Windows 10. Open Microsoft Edge browser and follow this link to the WWDC 2022 Livestream.
While Apple offers no guarantees, other platforms may also be able to access the WWDC 2022 keynote using recent versions of Chrome or Firefox (MSE, H.264, and AAC codecs/extensions must be installed).
Watch in the Apple Developer App or Developer Website
Apple also plans to stream the keynote in the Apple Developer app, and on the Apple Developer website, making it impossible for Apple fans and developers to miss the event.
For those unable to watch the live stream, or who prefer to read a text version of the announcements, we’ll have live coverage both here on MacRumors.com and through our MacRumorsLive Twitter account, so make sure to follow.Related Roundup: WWDC 2022Related Forum: Apple, Inc and Tech Industry
This article, “How to Watch Apple’s WWDC 2022 Keynote on June 6” first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums