It’s safe to say that a vast majority of people are addicted to various gadgets, starting from their cell phones, tablets, computers, etc. And who can blame them? These devices enable us to capture precious moments with videos and pictures, communicate over emails, and messengers and do many other things.
And then, at some point, you took one wrong step that led to a huge disaster, meaning that you’ve just deleted your entire database. This is for sure one of the worst things that can happen.
But do not despair. Even though it may seem like it’s the end of the world, there are some things that you can do that can help you recover everything you’ve lost. Want to uncover them? Then just scroll below!
Smart Ways To Recover Lost Data
First And Foremost: Stay Calm!
Yes, an accident has happened and that’s a big one, but as we stated above, it’s not the end of the world and there are ways that will help you solve this. Although these types of situations can be extremely stressful, it’s of huge importance to stay calm as much as you can.
Remember that panicking is not going to fix anything or change things for the better. Now, if something like this occurs, it would be advisable to contact a professional and do not try to recover data yourself, unless you already have some experience when it comes to this.
Starting With SSD Drive
SSDs are normally based on NAND flash technology and these drives offer way more storage capacity in comparison to the USB flash drive. So how can you recover lost data from a physically damaged SSD drive? Keep in mind that something like this requires vast SSD experience.
In this case, every individual memory chip in it is being removed and the data on these chips is transferred to another device. Additionally, it is of huge importance to identify the striping scheme to get the data back into an employable form.
If you haven’t dealt with this issue before, then make sure to contact a professional data recovery service provider, because these people have a plethora of experience when it comes to failed SSD drives.
Namely, they usually work with knowledgeable and skilled people and have state-of-the-art infrastructure that is capable of diagnosing all SSD-related issues.
Don’t Forget To Check The Backups
In case you didn’t know, backing up your files is very beneficial. How come? Well, precisely in these instances when you accidentally delete something, you’ll be able to recover your files. Here’s how you can do it if you have a PC (this refers to the ones who have a Windows 10):
- Open up File History on your PC
- Chose the file you are looking for and find the version you need
- Select “Restore” to return the file to the place where it was originally stored
Furthermore, if you wish to move your file, then just right-click “Restore” and choose “Restore to” before selecting a new location for it. Now, if you have a Mac, then you’ll be taking different steps. Before we proceed, don’t forget that Mac OS X has invented Time Machine as a way for people to store and backup their files.
In order to back them up, you will have to employ an external storage device. Moreover, to restore your files, in this case, you will have to connect the Time Machine disk. Once you’ve turned it on, along with your Mac, you should:
- Open the Migration Assistant
- Decide how you wish to transfer your files
- Select “Mac, startup disk, or Time Machine back” and then just click “Continue”
- Pick the Time Machine backup
- Choose the information you want to move from the backup disk
- Once the transfer is over, just restart your Mac
Bear in mind, that if you have lots of files, then this whole process is going to take a while, approximately, a couple of hours. Once it’s done, and you’ve restarted your device, then simply login into the migrated account to see your files.
Rely on Data Recovery Tools
Sometimes, when nothing else helps, it’s time to rely on data recovery software. Namely, these tools can help you restore and recover your files, particularly if you deleted them by accident. It’s worth mentioning that these tools can be used even on Androids and iPhones, not solely on computers.
- Mac & Windows PC – One of the best things that you can utilize for both Windows PC and Mac is Data Rescue. It can recover data from external and internal drives, SD cards, and USBs which is amazing. Another great thing about it is the fact that it’s not too pricey. In fact, it only costs $99 and it is a one-time purchase. On the other hand, if you’re searching for something that’s free of charge, then you should opt for Recuva by CCleaner. Namely, this software is loaded with numerous, effective recovery features, along with a “deep scan” that can uncover all your files that were hidden away. Another huge advantage of it is the fact that it can help you secure all your files. Now, if you truly want to delete something, you can do so by overwriting it and this tool will do so effectively.
- IPhones – In this situation, you can utilize a tool called Stellar to recover all your pictures, videos, contacts, and many other data. Additionally, with its help, you’ll be able to also recover files from various apps, such as Line or WhatsApp.
- Android – When it comes to Androids, the situation is a bit more complicated when compared with iPhones and that’s especially the case if your files and data were not rooted. Now, if you just want to get your images back, then be sure to download DiskDigger.
Even though we completely understand what you’re going through, as you can see, there are some smart and efficient ways that can help you recover your precious data. So take a deep breath and focus on recovering it.