Maintenance ensures that your air conditioner functions efficiently. However, although you must maintain a close check on your air conditioning equipment and do the necessary maintenance regularly, we understand that occasionally life gets in the way. It is not unexpected that certain tasks, such as remembering when your next air conditioner maintenance check is due, might slip between the cracks, given the way things grow busier daily. Setting up a calendar with the dates of your maintenance checks might be of assistance.
You won’t have to worry about forgetting when it’s time to clean the important components of the AC system if you do it this way. It is expected that the evaporator coil from your air conditioning system will be included here. The evaporator coil is responsible for soaking up the heat conveyed all over your home by the moving air. A condenser coil is another component of your system that contributes to the movement of hot air outside of your house. It is how your air conditioning equipment will chill the inside of your home. The use of an evaporator coil significantly aids the heat transmission process. A decrease in the efficiency levels of your unit may be the result of a filthy coil.
A decrease in cooling efficiency is the most typical indication that an evaporator needs a coil cleaner. A layer of insulation is created between the air and the refrigerant coil wherever there is dirt along with the coil. Because of this, it is more difficult for the refrigerant to absorb heat from the air, which ultimately leads to an increase in the room’s temperature. If the evaporator coil of an air conditioner is dusty, it won’t be able to provide the level of cooling anticipated.
Even if your air conditioner’s system is operating as it should, keeping your unit’s evaporator coils clean regularly is an excellent method to guarantee that your air conditioner will continue to be in good condition. To clean an air conditioner’s evaporator coil manually, follow these steps:
- Figuring out the precise location of the evaporator coil is the first stage in cleaning it. A copper coil in the shape of a pyramid may be found within the air conditioner. This coil is the evaporator coil, and it is used in most central air conditioning systems.
- Once you’ve found the coil, turn off the thermostat so it won’t heat the room anymore.
- When using a coil cleaner, be sure to protect your eyes by using protective gear so that dust and other particles do not get in them.
- Find the evaporator coil within the air conditioner’s control panel. Read over the user’s handbook before beginning the cleaning procedure to reduce the likelihood of becoming confused.
- Remove the screws holding the panel in place and store them away in a secure location so that you don’t lose them.
- To begin cleaning the coil, brush away the accumulated dust on it.
- To remove the finer specks of dust, wipe the area using a brush or piece of cloth that is more narrow.
- To remove dust particles that are very tenacious or to assure a finer level of cleaning, use an air compressor. Distribute the pressurised air equally around the coils while maintaining a 90-degree angle.
- To ensure thorough cleaning, add foam that has been developed specifically to clean evaporator coils. Ensure that the foam was developed specifically for cleaning coils and that it can be used without causing any damage to the other plastic components of the air conditioner.
There are several advantages to doing maintenance. By doing routine maintenance on your air conditioner, you can ensure that it will continue to function with as few problems as possible. Since of this, your device will continue to operate as efficiently as possible for the maximum amount of time, which is perfect because it will need fewer repairs. Whether there are fewer repairs that need to be done, the overall cost of repairs will decrease. Problems may be prevented entirely by performing routine maintenance inspections.
The contractors have the opportunity to rectify the situation before it escalates into a more serious issue that calls for a more expensive solution. Regular maintenance ensures the device’s proper operation. Because it has a longer lifespan, you will not only spend less on air conditioning repairs, but you will also spend less on a replacement. That eliminates the requirement for you to start hunting for a new unit and spending money on one at any time shortly.
Spray the evaporator coils of the air conditioner with cleaning foam immediately. Make sure that the whole surface is coated equally, and don’t hesitate to do so! You will see that the spray begins to bubble up like sudsy water as it moves over the surface. He is responsible for collecting all of the rubbish and washing it himself. Because using the unit will cause the air cleaner to be depleted more quickly, they suggest cleaning the air conditioner’s evaporator coils while they are hot.
A filthy evaporator coil can increase your ac coil cleaner expenses. Maintaining the effectiveness of your heating and air conditioning system, which can save you money, requires that the evaporator coil, also known as the indoor climate coil, get the correct amount of airflow. Airflow, the speed of a filthy air filter, and the evaporator coil of the internal fan motor may all be significantly impacted by the state of the different components in your system.
When cleaning the coil, you must be sure that you are using safety eyewear and other gear. It’s nothing more than a safety measure, but it’s a nice practice anyway. When you are cleaning the dirt off of the coil, there is a risk that you may blow some of it into your eyes. The goggles will protect your eyes if this occurs. When trying to ac coil cleaner, ensure that you do it under all of the instructions, or seek the assistance of an experienced professional.
Author Bio:- Michael Cabral
Michael is a marketing manager at EZ Heat and Air. He loves writing about innovative and hybrid HVAC installation tips. His articles help readers to have valuable insights into the importance of duct cleaning, water heater maintenance, and repair, optimum working of the thermostat, Mini-split and heat pump installation in Orange County. Read articles for more information on keeping your HVAC system in tip-top condition and leading a hassle-free life.