Mediatonic’s 2020 title Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout helped propel the developer into stardom.
What you need to know
- Mediatonic is a game development studio most recently known for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout.
- Today, Epic Games announced that it was acquiring Mediatonic and its parent company Tonic Games Group.
- Epic Games is looking at bringing new features like cross-play to Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout but has nothing concrete to announce for now.
Publisher Epic Games is acquiring Mediatonic, the studio behind several games but most recently Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. The purchase, which was made for an undisclosed price, will see Mediatonic join other Epic Games studios like Rocket League developer Psyonix. Tonic Games Group CEO Dave Bailey stated that “With Epic, we feel like we have found a home that was made for us.”
“It’s no secret that Epic is invested in building the metaverse and Tonic Games shares this goal. As Epic works to build this virtual future, we need great creative talent who know how to build powerful games, content and experiences,” said Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games.
In the FAQ accompanying this announcement, Epic Games noted that the team wants to bring new features like cross-play but doesn’t have a hard date to announce for anything yet. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is currently available on PS4 and PC and is coming to Xbox consoles and the Nintendo Switch at some point in the summer later this year.
PlayStation Store Gift Card
- From $10 at Amazon
- From $20 at Walmart
- From $10 at GameStop
Easy to stock up
PlayStation gift cards are an easy way to grab currency for games, add-ons, themes, and more on the PlayStation Store. They also come in a wide variety of denominations and you can stock up for PS5 games.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What’s in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?