In the age of technology, it is ever-evolving the way in which the world conducts business and lives life. Anyone born after about the Year 1980 has always grown up in a world that creates better technology at a pace faster than a person can keep up with. Technology is constantly adapting to an ever-changing way of life at such a rapid pace it can be dizzying to follow.
In what ways does the advancement of technology change people’s way of life? This article will discuss a few of the ways technological changes shape our world. The way in which groups of people choose to take in technology is different all over the world, there are common norms that affect us all. In one way or another, all of us are directly impacted in this technology age we live in.
- Smart devices are the most widely and commonly used pieces of technological equipment that people of countries all over the world use to consume information. No matter the device or brand, smartphones and tablet devices can access anything and everything that used to be only possible when sitting in front of the personal computer. This instant technology has created a whole new way of life for people all over the world. People can literally conduct their entire job duties from their smartphones from any location. Bill pay and business sales can all be conducted through these hand-sized pieces of technology.
- People can track and communicate their health through their smart devices. Telemedicine is rapidly becoming the next big movement in the healthcare industry as people can avoid going into the doctor’s office and have their healthcare needs to be addressed over virtual meetings. Meetings of all kinds have become virtual due to the current state of the pandemic we are living with, and smart devices have made that transition smooth and easy.
- Small business owners have been able to completely revolutionize the way that they advertise and market their businesses through social media platforms and workforce management software that people consume heavily from their smartphones. These handheld pieces of technology have transformed people’s lives all over the world.
- Advancements in technology always have a positive impact on industries that produce goods and services. From the World War II days until now, when other industries advance technologically, every other industry benefits from it. Take a look at the automobile industry and the advancements that have been made in the assembly process of motorized vehicles. The assembly line today as it is known is almost completely robotic and much more efficient than ever before.
- Technological innovation can cross over industries and there is no better example than what has unfolded this year during the COVID 19 pandemic. When the pandemic first became a national crisis, it was very alarming to everyone here that there could potentially be a shortage of ventilators in the event that massive amounts of people should need them in the same period of time. Huge automakers like Ford and General Motors came together for the good of the country and shifted their production from automobiles to producing ventilators to prevent a crisis. They were very successful and the feared shortage of ventilators never came to fruition thankfully. Another example of how technology shapes the world we live in, and benefits people all over the world has been the successful development of the vaccine for COVID 19.
- In a matter of months, brilliant minds have been able to put together and test on actual patients a vaccine with a 95% effective rate. That type of technological breakthrough is a life-saving advancement in a world where vaccines have taken years and years to develop. The record time of development and delivery could not have come a better time in a world where the pandemic has reached dire levels all over the world. When the United States faces a crisis and the country is backed into a corner, it always responds in an impressive manner. Pushing through a vaccine in a 10-month window to combat such a deadly virus will no doubt be looked at as a technological miracle when the history is written about it.
- There are many many more examples of technology shaping people’s lives, but these two given the times we currently face seem to be very fitting to discuss. Technology will always evolve and get better as long as there is a need, and there will always be a need and desire for technology. People have become completely consumed and dependent on technology, and for the most part, it has overwhelmingly good impacts on people’s lives. It is fascinating to watch technology evolve and how quickly it adapts to keep up with the ever-changing needs of people all over this big world.