Survive with a friend in this PlayStation-exclusive mode.
What you need to know
- Activision revealed the Zombies Onslaught mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War today.
- It’s a timed exclusive mode for PS4 and PS5 users that pits two players against hordes of Zombies.
- This mode won’t be available on other platforms like Xbox or PC until November 1, 2021.
While the classic Zombies mode is coming to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War with plenty of changes in story, there’s also a survival mode called Zombies Onslaught coming for PS4 and PS5 users. You can check out the reveal trailer for this mode below.
Zombies Onslaught is co-op survival, with two players pitted against hordes of Zombies on standard multiplayer maps. If you really want to dive into Zombies Onslaught, you’ll need to grab Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on a PlayStation platform — or wait until November 1, 2021 when the timed exclusivity ends.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled to release on November 13, 2020 for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. The game has full cross-play in all gameplay modes.
Standard or cross-gen
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- $60 at Amazon (PS4)
- $70 at Amazon (PS5)
- $70 at PlayStation (Cross-Gen)
- $90 at PlayStation (Ultimate Edition)
Cold War era
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War takes players to the 1980s with a thriller-esque campaign at the height of tension between superpowers. This is just the standard PS4 edition of the game, while the cross-gen version is $70 and includes the digital PS5 version of the game. The ultimate edition includes the cross-gen version and some extra digital goodies.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What’s in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?