Check out this headset.
What you need to know
- Audeze is a popular headset manufacturer.
- Today, it announced the Penrose for consoles and PC.
- The headset is designed for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
- The device will cost $300 when it ships in September.
Today, Audeze, a popular headphone manufacturer, announced the launch of their new Penrose wireless headset for console and PC gamers. Extending Audeze’s family of gaming headphones that includes the high-end LCD-GX and the Mobius 3D Surround Sound PC gaming headset, the Penrose is designed with Microsoft’s Xbox Series X and Sony’s PlayStation 5 (PS5) in mind.
According to the company, the Penrose is equipped with Audeze’s 100 mm planar magnetic drivers, a broadcast-quality microphone for enhanced chat and streaming, and a 2.4 GHz low-latency lossless wireless connection, so you can experience the best in audio quality and wireless functionality.
The Audeze Penrose wireless headset comes in two versions. The Penrose is for PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles, and Windows and Mac desktops. However, the Penrose X is for Xbox One and Xbox Series X consoles, and Windows desktops. Now comes the news you’ve all been waiting for. The Penrose will retail for $300 in the United States, but the first 1,000 preorders are available for $250 US on the manufacturer’s website and through participating international distributors.
The device should ship in early September, but it may be delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak. So far, that’s the confirmed ship date we know.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What’s in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?