OnePlus, the famous “Flagship Killer” company released their second generation smartphone just this past summer. OnePlus may not be the best at not creating controversy through their awkward marketing campaigns, and they might annoy many through their invite system, but they do know how to make a killer smartphone at a great price. The OnePlus 2 comes loaded with high end specs like the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, 5.5″ HD LCD display, Lollipop, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of memory for the base model. Not bad for a device with a price tag of just $329.
OnePlus is planning on expanding its reach with another smartphone this year. Many point to the name the OnePlus Mini. More rumors come to light as time progresses and this time around an email surfaced, from an anonymous source according to gforgames.com, with almost all of the details of the device including the $250 dollar price tag.
According to the source the specs are as follows:
- MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) SoC
- 2 GB of LPDDR3 RAM @933MHz operating in dual-channel
- 32 GB of eMMC 5.0 storage expandable via microSDXC
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080
- 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 or 4
- 13 MP Sony IMX258 primary sensor with a f/2.0 aperture, 4K @ 30fps video recording capabilities, and a Dual-Tone LED flash
- 5 MP front-facing wide-angle sensor with 1080p video recording capabilities
- 3,000-3,100 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- USB Type-C connector with Quick Charge 2.0 capabilities
- FM radio
- MT6630 wireless SoC
- Bluetooth 4.1
- IR Blaster
- 1.2W front-facing speaker
- NFC chip which will support Android Pay in conjunction with a back-fitted fingerprint sensor
- IP67 dust and waterproof certificate
- Launch date expected in November or December of 2015
If you read through the specs, this device comes with NFC built-in which many enthusiasts moaned over because they demand a “flagship killer” have every single feature under the sun. For the OnePlus 2 starting at $329, I just think people like to whine because they have nothing better to do. They could go buy a Galaxy S6 Edge for $649.99 and have NFC, but I am sure when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is, they’ll most like go with the OP2 when it comes down to it. Price wins over NFC.
For $250 this might turn out to be the real flagship killer of 2015 as phones in this price range don’t offer a ton of features like this OnePlus Mini. The days of people rushing to buy 800-900 dollar smartphones are generally over.
Buyers are getting smarter and wiser and are finding great alternatives to high-end devices like the Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S6. Samsung phones simply do not justify the price especially when they fail to update their Android version after just six months of usage there by cutting the lifespan of that premium device to less than a year.
With devices that are well known like the Moto X which is selling direct to consumers as well as the Nexus line from Google, and especially phones like the OnePlus 2 and Mini there simply is no reason not to go with these devices. The OnePlus Mini may be the dark horse of 2015 and could shock the market. I just hope that OnePlus make this device much easier to get this time around and says farewell to invites before they even start.
The post Alleged set of OnePlus Mini specs surfaces appeared first on AndroidGuys.