Samsung will choose a different fingerprint scanner technology for its Galaxy S6 smartphone, says SamMobile. Instead of requiring users to swipe their fingerprint for recognition, the new scanner will simply need a press of the button. The touch-based sensor tech is found in smartphones like the iPhone 5S, 6, and 6 Plus as well as the Huawei Ascend Mate 7. Reportedly, Samsung’s new button will be slightly bigger than that found in the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4.
In terms of software application, SamMobile says things will remain largely the same for Samsung. Legacy features such as web sign-in, PayPal verification, and fingerprint unlocking will all be present in the forthcoming flagship.
- The state of wireless charging: Interview with Randy Marx, fliCharge CEO
- Download 11 Lollipop Material Design HD Wallpapers
- Download the best icon packs of 2015
- New concept renders for Nexus 5 (2015)
- Download 30 Texture Wallpapers
The post Samsung choosing new fingerprint scanner tech for Galaxy S6, report says appeared first on AndroidGuys.