CES was flooded with a bunch of “internet of things” for the home, but frequent travelers will likely appreciate this connected luggage better. Leading luggage maker Delsey has been working on a connected suitcase called Pluggage for the past two years and has recently tested a working prototype, as you can see in the video below the fold. Before Pluggage hits the market, though, the company wants your help in choosing which high-tech features it should give the suitcase. Your choices are:
- * Auto-weight: The accompanying app tells you how much your luggage weighs using the suitcase’s integrate scale to avoid paying extra fees.
- * Instant battery reload: This lets you charge a phone in the absence of outlets at the airport or wherever you are.
- * Onboard detection: The app lets you know once your suitcase is on board and takes the guesswork out of whether the airline has lost your luggage… again.
- * Inside lighting system: Interior lighting switches on when the suitcase is opened.
- * Flight info: Entering your flight details into the app shows you the latest updates.
- * Fingerprint ID: You can choose to add a fingerprint lock as an extra layer of protection when launching the app or opening Pluggage.
- * Check lock: The app can tell you if the suitcase has been opened by someone else.
- * Weather forecast: If you’ve entered your flight info, the app can tell you the kind of weather to expect at your destination.
- * Inside speaker: You can pull out Pluggage’s hidden speaker to play your music.
- * Trip info: Lets you create departure or must-see checklists during your trip.
It’s unclear why Delsey can’t just include all these features, many of which are pretty cool and useful, we must say. You can make your choices on Pluggage’s official website, though, and just hope that your favorite features get picked in the end. If all these sound like deja vu, it’s because another connected suitcase called Bluesmart was also announced last year. That one was an Indiegogo project from a startup that managed to raise more than a million dollars, so with Delsey’s considerable brand cachet behind this project, it’s safe to say the Pluggage has a market just waiting for it to become available.
Filed under: Misc
Source: Delsey Pluggage