Over the weekend we gave you a sneak peak at version 4 of our official app for Windows Phone, and we’re pleased to say it has now passed certification and is available on the marketplace right here.
So as always please download at your own leisure and enjoy the new features (which we’ve listed again below). Please note though that voice commands is a paid only feature and is currently only available in US and UK english, something which we’re working to improve!
- New Iconic live tile option
- Full support for the Unification system
- Voice commands and read-back (UK & US only)
- Launching of app from external websites or apps
- Social network sharing in the forums
- Fixed time display bug in forum threads
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone 7.8 live tiles
- Improved live tile setup process
- Several other minor bug fixes or UI corrections
We’ve seen one known issue which was not found in our extensive beta testing which can affect some Windows Phone 8 devices. If the app launches and then immediately exits it means your phone somehow does not have any speech languages installed or is set to use a language you haven’t downloaded. This shouldn’t be possible but I have seen it on a few development devices. Just go to your phone’s settings > speech > speech language and select your language again (if it has a MB size listed that means it’s not installed). Your phone will then go through an update process to add the chosen language. In the meantime we’re working on a fix to be released soon.
We always appreciate your feedback so feel free to use the app’s feedbackk button, or to get in touch through the comments and forums!
wpcentral appv4official appAppsWPCentral News